We are open in our 8 offices to serve your needs

It’s incredibly hard for any parent to see disappointment on a child’s face, but unfortunately, divorce can bring that look home much more frequently. That’s heartbreaking to a mom or dad – especially when it’s because the other parent failed to show up to visit the children.

Aside from talking to your Aurora divorce lawyer about the issues you’re having with your ex, which may help your children in the long run, there are a few things you can do to make them feel better in the short-term. Although it’s not a replacement for quality time with their other parent, you spending time with them is always good.

What to Do when Your Ex is a No-Show

It’s natural for all of you to feel upset when your ex doesn’t show up for the kids, but try to curb your frustration while they’re around. Kids, no matter how old they are, take their cues from you – and psychologists suggest that staying as positive as possible is the best way to cope with a no-show ex.

You may have to rearrange your plans, which is unfortunate – but what’s most important is to reassure your kids that you love them.

Psychologists suggest that you:

  • Don’t make excuses for your ex.
  • Don’t berate your ex in front of the children, or speak poorly of him or her to the children.
  • Do make sure your kids understand that both of you still love them, even if some things get in the way of spending time together.
  • Do ask your kids if they’d like to talk about the way they feel after a missed visit.

When to Bring in Your Aurora Divorce Lawyer

If your ex makes it a habit to miss visits with your kids, you might want to talk to your Aurora divorce lawyer to see if you can change your custody or access order. Remember, though, that there’s no guarantee that the courts will agree. In most cases, it’s best if you and your ex can try to work out a new schedule that keeps your whole family happy.

Contact Form - Contact Us Page

Request a free consultation

Please fill out this form with your contact information and someone will be in touch with you soon.

Contact Preferences

How would you like to be contacted? Click all that apply.

How can we help you?

Brief description of your legal issue:

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm is not secure and does not establish a lawyer-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.



4211 Yonge Street • Suite #210 • Toronto • Ontario • M2P 2A9

View Map | Learn More

Aurora **

16 Industrial Parkway South • Aurora • Ontario • L4G 0R4

View Map | Learn More


500 Mapleton Avenue, Suite A • Barrie, Ontario • L4N 9C2

View Map | Learn More

Downtown Toronto **

100 King Street West • Suite #5600 • Toronto • Ontario • M5X 1C9

View Map | Learn More


4257 Sherwoodtowne Blvd Suite #300 • Mississauga Ontario • L4Z 1Y5

View Map | Learn More

Scarborough **

10 Milner Business Court • 3rd Floor • Scarborough • Ontario • M1B 3M6

View Map | Learn More

Grimsby **

33 Main Street West, • Grimsby • Ontario • L3M 1R3

View Map | Learn More

Whitby **

105 Consumers Drive - Unit 2, • Whitby • Ontario • L1N 1C4

View Map | Learn More
** Satellite office that requires you to book an appointment with us prior to arriving at the office.
Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers
Law Society of Ontario
Peel Law Association
UJA Federation of Greater Toronto
York Region Law Association
Collaborative Practice Simcoe County
Law Association Simcoe County
Widows & Orphans Fund