Divorce takes a huge emotional toll on everyone involved, and sometimes it’s tough to see the light at the end of the tunnel. You and your ex may disagree on things such as child custody, division of property and other issues, which makes things even more difficult. When the stress becomes overwhelming, there are a few quick things you can do to lift your spirits, and in the end, they add up.
5 Quick Mood-Boosters for Divorcing Women
- Get some exercise. Exercise is a proven mood-booster, and it’s great for your waistline. Physical activity reduces stress while improving your heart and lung function, too. Something as simple as a brisk walk around the neighbourhood can work wonders to soothe your mind.
- Adopt a pet. A low-maintenance companion, such as a freshwater fish, will give you something positive to focus on – and studies have shown that people who watch fish in an aquarium have lower blood pressure than those who don’t. If you already have a pet, make time to play; your little pal will love you even more for it.
- Volunteer. Few things can make you feel better about yourself than serving others. If you have some time to spare, you might enjoy reading to children at the library, volunteering to walk or socialize animals at your local shelter, or even helping an elderly neighbour with yard maintenance.
- Lose yourself in a book. Books engage the mind in a way movies and television just can’t. No time to read? Try listening to an audiobook while you exercise or do housework.
- Give the house a facelift. If you still live in the home that you and your ex used to share, a facelift might be just what the doctor ordered. Make the space your own. Add something eclectic that you found in an antique shop, create something original or take down the drapes you’ve hated since you moved in. In most cases, the smallest touches make the biggest differences.
Divorce is hard. While your Brampton divorce lawyer is working on the legal end, you can focus on yourself – and keep your chin up. It gets better.