In February 2017, it will be twenty years since my call to the bar. My platinum anniversary. What does that mean?
- I’m old.
- I have been doing this for a long time. Thankfully, I really like it.
- The court shirts I purchased in 1997 do not fit anymore.
- My gowns have seen better days.
- I am no longer the junior on the file. The buck stops here.
- Some of my clients were born in the 1990’s. The nineties!!!!
- E-filing wasn’t a cruel joke. Well, maybe it was, but e-filing, and all of the related technology, is here to stay.
- Legal assistants who can (and will) take dictation are a rare breed.
- The court staff get a good laugh at my big hair when they have to inspect the photograph on my Law Society card, which was taken in February 1997.
- I have had the privilege of practising family law for two decades.
Thank you to everyone who has consulted me over the years. You put your trust in my ability to represent you, even when I was a baby lawyer. That means a great deal. To those of you I have not yet met, drop me a line. Say hello. It doesn’t have to be to retain me. If I can answer a family law question or point you in the right direction, I would be happy to do so.
Here’s to another 20 years!