We are open in our 8 offices to serve your needs

Marriage and family are central to most major world religions—but what happens when your ex marries outside your common faith and subjects your kids to outside influences? Since you cannot control what he or she does, what rights do you have? When faith is involved, there’s no one-size-fits-all answer. In some cases, people resolve their issues simply by communicating with their exes. If you can’t, you’ll have to dig your North York divorce lawyer’s number out of your address book and get reinforcement.

Family Traditions and Holiday Celebrations

No matter what religion you practice, you may have family traditions built around it. So does your ex’s new spouse—and your kids are likely to be included in them. If you’re not comfortable with that, let your ex know; chances are, he or she had a few initial reservations as well.

Church Attendance

Whether your spouse holds the same religious beliefs or has converted to his or her new spouse’s religion, your kids might have to attend church services while they’re all together. This can be especially tough when the two religions—yours and your ex’s spouse’s—are at odds with one another. Discuss church attendance with your spouse and with your kids, but avoid putting them in the middle.

You might reinforce your own religious beliefs at home by reading from religious texts, participating in church-related activities or having thoughtful discussions with your children. However, if you feel your family’s belief system is being compromised, you might need to call the North York divorce lawyer who handled your original custody agreement for advice on improving the situation.

When to Call Your North York Divorce Lawyer

If you feel your ex is steering your kids down the wrong path, try to discuss your feelings honestly and openly. You might meet with some resistance, but if you don’t get combative, your ex is more likely to listen to your concerns and may make the necessary adjustments. However, any time you feel that your kids are in danger, call your North York divorce lawyer right away.

Contact Form - Contact Us Page

Request a free consultation

Please fill out this form with your contact information and someone will be in touch with you soon.

Contact Preferences

How would you like to be contacted? Click all that apply.

How can we help you?

Brief description of your legal issue:

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm is not secure and does not establish a lawyer-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.



4211 Yonge Street • Suite #210 • Toronto • Ontario • M2P 2A9

View Map | Learn More

Aurora **

16 Industrial Parkway South • Aurora • Ontario • L4G 0R4

View Map | Learn More


500 Mapleton Avenue, Suite A • Barrie, Ontario • L4N 9C2

View Map | Learn More

Downtown Toronto **

100 King Street West • Suite #5600 • Toronto • Ontario • M5X 1C9

View Map | Learn More


4257 Sherwoodtowne Blvd Suite #300 • Mississauga Ontario • L4Z 1Y5

View Map | Learn More

Scarborough **

10 Milner Business Court • 3rd Floor • Scarborough • Ontario • M1B 3M6

View Map | Learn More

Grimsby **

33 Main Street West, • Grimsby • Ontario • L3M 1R3

View Map | Learn More

Whitby **

105 Consumers Drive - Unit 2, • Whitby • Ontario • L1N 1C4

View Map | Learn More
** Satellite office that requires you to book an appointment with us prior to arriving at the office.
Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers
Law Society of Ontario
Peel Law Association
UJA Federation of Greater Toronto
York Region Law Association
Collaborative Practice Simcoe County
Law Association Simcoe County
Widows & Orphans Fund